The Governing Board has delegated to the Academic Board responsibility for:
- Policy formulation and decision making in all academic matters; and
- Maintaining the academic values, quality and standards of the College.
The Academic Board is, in relation to all academic matters, the pre-eminent source of advice to the Governing Board.
The members of the Academic Board are:
Assoc. Professor David Cohen, University of NSW;
All members of the Faculty;
A student representative elected by the students; and
Dr Erica Sainsbury, University of Sydney.
This Board is chaired by Assoc. Professor David Cohen and meets five times per year.
The Board delegates various functions to a number of committees which report directly to it. The committees are:
- The Learning and Teaching Committee;
- The Research and Centres Committee;
- The Library Committee;
- The Moore Distance Education Committee; and
- The Human Research Ethics Committee.
- The Academic Dean (Colin Bale), in conjunction with the Academic Board and its committees, is responsible for the supervision of the studies of theological students.
The Dean of Students (Paul Grimmond) is responsible for all matters which affect the personal and spiritual welfare of students and their families.
The Advisor to Overseas Students (Will Timmins) is the official point of contact for overseas students with the College.
The Academic Departments of the College with the respective Heads of Department are:
Division of Biblical Studies
Department of Old Testament and Hebrew — Andrew Shead
- Department of New Testament and Greek — Philip Kern
Division of Christian Thought
- Department of Theology, Philosophy and Ethics — Mark Thompson
- Department of Church History — Colin Bale
Division of Christian Ministry
- Department of Pastoral Ministry — Archie Poulos
- Department of Mission — Simon Gillham