Moore College is a theological college based in Newtown in Sydney, Australia. Moore College prepares men and women for a lifetime of Christian mission and ministry through high quality, in-depth theological training. Moore provides a range of full-time/part-time, face-to-face and distance courses, from diploma to postgraduate level, equipping students to love and serve God and people. Providing the ministers for the Anglican Church in Sydney and pastors for other denominations, the College has around 600 enrolled students.
The Administrator will join a small team in the Registrar’s Department which facilitates the academic progress of students of the College from the time of initial inquiry through to graduation. Within this role you will:
- Assist incoming students through the admissions process.
- Provide ongoing information and support to current and prospective students.
- Maintain and administer the day to day records, assessments and results of students within your service area.
- Assist faculty with organisational and administrative support in regards to students and teaching.
This would be an ideal role for a candidate that has strong not for profit or public sector administration experience, with a passion for supporting students in their journey of discovering God’s word.
- Ability to deliver high level customer service to incoming students;
- Good organisational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to reflect on tasks and evaluate processes;
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide a high level of professional communication to people across different levels including Faculty, Students, Staff and Senior Management;
- Competence in MS Word and Excel with technical proficiency to use electronic records systems;
- Proven ability to generate good working relationships with a diverse range of people with the ability to effectively work in a team; and
- Applicants for this role must have an active evangelical Christian commitment and the ability to work within and support the College’s vision mission and values.
- Qualifications in business administration or similar field;
- Experience in the higher education sector; and
- Understanding of the Anglican Church in Australia.
All applications must include a cover letter addressing the criteria and be addressed to:
All enquires to Andrew Bardsley 02 9577 9924.