The Legacy of David Broughton Knox – Now Available
The Legacy of David Broughton Knox
Edited by Ed Loane
From the Publishers Website
David Broughton Knox was one of the most influential Anglican leaders in the second half of the twentieth century. His long service as principal of Moore Theological College, Sydney, had an impact much further afield than that city. Along with this, the unique place Sydney Diocese has in the Anglican Communion has been significantly shaped by Knox’s ministry and theological priorities.
This volume is the result of a conference held in 2016 to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of Knox’s birth. Theologians who were personally taught by Knox, along with those who belong to a younger generation, contribute to this work by critically engaging with various aspects of Knox’s theology and legacy. Subjects include the atonement, ecclesiology, sacramentology as well as the shaping of a theological institution. These academic contributions are complemented by personal accounts and anecdotes of Knox’s influence on some of the most influential evangelical leaders and academics in the world.
Contributors include Peter Jensen, Glenn Davies, Paul Barnett, Mark D. Thompson, Graeme Goldsworthy, Graham Cole, D. A. Carson, Andrew Leslie, Chase Kuhn, Edward Loane and Robert Doyle.
About the Editor
Edward Loane is an Anglican minister who lectures in theology and church history at Moore College, Sydney. He has ministered in parishes in Sydney and England and he completed his doctorate at Cambridge University. Edward has published a number of books, chapters in edited volumes and journal articles. He mainly writes in the areas of post reformation church history and theology.
Legacy 1: Theology
- Was Broughton Knox an Amyraldian? – Andrew Leslie
- Ecclesiology: Was Knox Really a Congregationalist? – Chase Kuhn
- Sacramentology: Was Knox Really Anti-Sacraments? – Edward Loane
- An Appreciation of D.B. Knox’s, The Everlasting God – Robert Doyle
- An Awkward Moment: How I Tarnished the Knox Festscrift – Peter Jensen
Legacy 2: Moore College
- Broughton Knox, Theological Education and the Modern Moore College – Mark D. Thompson
Legacy 3: People
- Paul Barnett
- Glenn N Davies
- Graeme Goldsworthy
- Graham Cole
- D.A. Carson
- The Challenge of Writing Broughton Knox’s Biography– Marcia Cameron
- Broughton Knox: Some Fragments and Reminiscences – Robert Tong
Latimer Trust, 2018
How to purchase
Available from the Latimer Trust.
Interested in more books by our faculty members? Visit our Faculty Publications page.