International StudentsReturn to Study
Moore College welcomes international students into its full-time courses. The College does not use recruitment agents.
- The academic year commences at the beginning of February and concludes at the end of November.
- There are no mid-year intakes for overseas students studying undergraduate courses.
- Postgraduate students may commence their course at other times.
Academic admission requirements
- Applicants for undergraduate courses require a degree from an Australian university or its equivalent.
- Applicants for the postgraduate Master of Arts (Theology) require at a minimum, a Bachelor of Theology (BTh) or its equivalent.
- Applicants for the Master of Theology (MTh) and the PhD require at a minimum a 4 year Bachelor of Divinity (Honours 2A) or a qualification of equivalent standard.
- All applicants whose first language is not English, or who have not met the academic admission requirements in English medium are required to present evidence of a successful Academic IELTS exam.
- Undergraduate applicants must achieve at least 6.5 in all categories of the academic test. TOEFL scores are also accepted.
- Postgraduate applicants must achieve at least 7.0 in all categories of the academic test. TOEFL scores are also accepted.
Australian government requirements
To be considered for entry to Australia, an international student must:
- be applying for full-time study
- be academically qualified for the course they seek to undertake
- have an adequate standard of English
- be genuinely seeking temporary entry for study purposes only
- be of good health, and have health insurance cover
- provide evidence that they have enough money to pay for tuition fees, living costs and return air fares for the total period of their course. Students who come to Australia and cannot support themselves may be required to leave Australia.
In accordance with the ESOS Act 2000, Moore College is a registered provider on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). Provider Code: 00682B.
If admitted to Moore College and granted entry into Australia international students are subject to the provisions of the ESOS Act 2000. These include:
- They must supply the College with accurate contact details (including Australian residential address, telephone or mobile number and email) and notify College of any change to this information.
- The College is obliged to inform international students admitted to the College that if contact details are not up-to-date, then ‘automatic visa cancellation could occur without the knowledge of the student’.
- Students should be aware that any information provided to the College may be made available to Australian Federal and State Government authorities.
It is a requirement for international students to have membership of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
When an applicant has been accepted by Moore College, they will be sent a letter of offer and confirmation of enrolment (CoE) with information about how to apply for a visa.
If you have school aged children please be aware that immigration requirements for a student visa include evidence of school enrolment for school-aged dependants. The government also provides information on school fees for dependants of international students.
The Australian Government advises that the process of obtaining a visa can take up to twelve (12) weeks. Further information on visa application procedures can be obtained from the nearest Australian diplomatic post or from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). We encourage applicants to apply well in advance of the intended start date, and not less than eight weeks prior to the start of the study semester.
- International students pay tuition fees according to a payment in arrears agreement. This means that tuition fees are paid at the end of each semester of study.
- When an international student is offered admission, the College will make arrangements with the student for the payment in arrears agreement. The agreement lists all tuition fees which a student is required to pay and when those payments are due for the whole of the course in which a student is enrolled.
- Unfortunately no scholarships are available.
For information on current International Students Fees please see fees.